1. We are a web-based travel connecting service undertaking commerce inside and outside of Australia. We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
B) Information we collect
2. Type of information we collect and purpose
- 2.1 When you visit or use our Services, we collect the following categories of personal information directly from you. This is to maintain a personalized experience from your first visit to our platform and ongoing. This information includes,
- 2.1.1 Personal details (such as your name, age, birthday, gender)
- 2.1.2 Contact information (such as email address, address, phone number)
- 2.1.3 Booking information
- 2.1.4 Account information (such as login credentials, including email address and password, and account settings)
- 2.1.5 Social media data (if you choose to link your LXC account with a social media account, LXC may collect personal information such as name, age, gender, photograph, and other personal information relating to your social media account)
- 2.1.6 Billing information (such as credit, debit, or other payment card information and billing address)
- 2.1.7 Your contacts (such as contact information of people you add to, or notify of, your reservations or itineraries through our Services)
- 2.1.8 Your preferences (such as your home airport, seating preferences, meal preferences, communication preferences, and other preference information you provide us)
- 2.1.9 Reviews you submit (including any screenname you publish under or any personal information you include about yourself or others in such review)
- 2.1.10 Content you publish (including your travel recommendations and any personal information you include about yourself or others, or in content you publish in your Guide or other mediums provided by us)
- 2.1.11 Photos of you (such as when you add a photo of yourself to your profile, upload photos to a review, or link your social media account to your LXC account)
- 2.1.12 Communications you send us (such as questions, conversations, complaints, or other information that you may submit to our support team)
- 2.1.13 Promotion information (if you choose to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or similar campaign, we will collect any information you provide in relation to such activity, such as photos, images, captions, or other content, in accordance with the terms provided at that time)
- 2.1.14 Other information you may provide (including other information you provide about yourself or others through our Services or to which you provide us with access via third-party platforms)
- 2.2 You may choose not to provide some of the personal information described above. Please note, however, that many of our Services require some personal information to operate, so if you choose not to provide the personal information necessary to operate and provide you with a particular Service or feature of that Service, you may not be able to use that Service or feature.
- 2.3 We do not proactively collect sensitive personal information, such as health-related information. However, our Services include text boxes that are designed for you to describe certain details about your travel preferences or special requests that you want us or our travel partners to know. Please be aware that information you freely submit in these boxes may reveal to us or to the travel partners or third parties with whom we share information (as detailed in the How We Share Your Information section below) certain information that may be considered sensitive personal information under applicable law (for example, information about dietary restrictions or disability accommodations). Sensitive personal information you voluntarily submit is processed on the basis of your consent, which you may revoke at any time by contacting us at the details set out in the How to Contact Us section below.
3. How we use your personal information
- 3.1 As you use our Services, we generate certain personal information about you, including through automatic data collection and by inferences based on the information we collect about you and your activity/s.
- 3.2 We may automatically collect information about your interactions with the Services or communications you receive (such as email) using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other technologies (see our Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising Policy for more details).
- 3.3 We automatically collect personal information about your usage of the Services, including information about your searches, statistics about the travel itineraries you share with us, how you interact with the features of our Services and the links you click, your preferences, access times, referring URL, and performance of our Services.
- 3.4 If you use our Services, we automatically collect approximate location information about you (such as your city) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and with your permission when it is not running, depending on the choices you make when you are asked to consent to our collection of location information. The technologies we use to determine your location may include IP address mapping, cell tower position, Wi-Fi position and GPS signals. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Services, for example, to tailor our Services in a needs-based manner to better facilitate your requests (such as helping you find the hotel closest to you) and to provide you with more relevant content in the cities you visit (such as sending you marketing communications relating to goods or services in your current city, including local accommodations and travel options).
- 3.5 We do not have control over your device settings, but we do recommend enabling location services on your device so you can take advantage of the location-based features and functionality offered. Please see the Your Choices and Rights section below for more information about how to adjust your preferences, including those related to location information.
- 3.6 We combine the information we collect, generate, or otherwise obtain to draw inferences about your preferences and interests in order to provide and personalize our Services and tailor the advertising we and our partners display or offer to you.
- 3.7 If you sign up to synchronize your email inbox to your Trips account, you authorize us to access the emails in the email accounts you have connected to your Trips account in order to create travel itineraries. This involves automatically scanning your inbox at regular intervals to identify emails that are booking confirmations, which are then parsed automatically or manually for relevant travel details and imported into our Trips service (along with a copy of the email, which is saved to your Trips account).
- 3.8 Provide the Services, which includes providing you with the services, products, and functionality offered through our Services and fulfilling your requests, including, but not limited to: facilitating and processing bookings with our travel partners, reviewing travel partners, paying for travel partners’ products and services through our Services, and notifying people you add to, or otherwise request to notify of, your bookings through the Services.
- 3.9 Providing Trips/My Trips services, including automatically creating a “Trips/My Trips” account for you if you make a booking using our Services. This account collects your travel information to create and maintain your travel itineraries, which you can then share with others.
- 3.10 Authenticate your account credentials and identify you, as necessary to log you into the Services and ensure the security of your account.
- 3.11 Show your reservations and bookings made through the websites, applications, and services of the Local X Group companies on your account page.
- 3.12 Communicate with you about your account or use of our Services, products, and/or functionality (e.g., soliciting reviews and feedback, sending alerts and notifications you have subscribed to, providing updates regarding itineraries processed by our Trips service, sending you booking confirmations, sending you information servicing and administrative emails or other notices required by law); respond to, or follow up on, your comments and questions; and otherwise provide customer service.
- 3.13 Send you marketing communications, including communicating with you about services or products offered by us, our group companies, or our business partners and other marketing communications that we believe you would be interested in, as permitted by law (see below for more detail on Your Choices and Rights).
- 3.14 Operate and improve our Services and develop new products and services, including using analytics to better understand how you use our Services for purposes of product, website, application and service development and to enhance the user experience.
- 3.15 Process and deliver contest entries and rewards
- 3.16 Process your payment information
- 3.17 Provide services and information to travel partners, such as providing user feedback and usage details
- 3.18 Tailor your experience with our Services, such as by making inferences or combining different pieces of information we have collected about you to offer better search results or otherwise tailor our Services to you according to your preferences or restrictions. For example, if you frequently book rooms at four-star hotels and rent cars when you travel, we may prioritize four-star hotels in your search results or bring you a combined package offer for hotel and car, or prioritize accommodations you have previously booked.
- 3.19 Provide you with more relevant advertising on and off our Services, including to show you personalized offers and advertising on and off our Services.
- 3.20 Protect against, investigate, and deter fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity to comply with our policies, procedures and legal obligations, including complying with law enforcement or government authority requests, addressing litigation-related issues, and exercising rights or obligations conferred by law,
- 3.21 As otherwise consented to by you and as required or permitted by applicable law. If you give your consent to any further use of personal information, you can withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us using the details set out below.
- 3.22 You have choices about your personal information, and in some circumstances, you may have the right to opt-out or object to our uses of your personal information for these purposes. For more information, or to exercise these or other rights (where available), see the Your Choices and Rights section below.
- 3.23 Electronic Communications consistent with the above purposes and as permitted by applicable law, we may communicate with you via electronic messages, including email, text message, or mobile push notification to send you information relating to our products and Services. This may include booking confirmations and updates, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- 3.24 We maintain commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
- 3.25 We may retain your personal information for as long as your account is active and for a period of time thereafter to allow you to re-activate your account without loss of information. We may also retain your personal information as necessary to:
- 3.25.1 Maintain logs and business records for analysis, security, and/or audit purposes
- 3.25.2 Comply with record retention requirements under the law
- 3.25.3 Deal with any complaints regarding the Services; and
- 3.25.4 Comply with our legal obligations, protect or defend our rights, resolve disputes and enforce our contracts
4. How we share your information
- 4.1 We disclose and share the personal information we collect (or otherwise generate or obtain) as follows:
- 4.1.1 With our travel partners to provide the Services (such as connecting users with airlines or online travel agents to book a flight or other travel service, and sharing personal details, contact information, passport information, preferences, requests, accommodations, and other information with the airline or online travel agent) and for our travel partners’ own purposes, which may include marketing or advertising purposes (see below for more detail on Sharing with Travel Partners).
- 4.1.2 With our group companies in the Local X corporate family including but not limited to for the purposes described above, to provide you with integrated products and services, and for our and their marketing purposes (see below for more detail on Sharing with Our Group Companies).
- 4.1.3 With other business partners for their own marketing purposes, including sharing with online advertisers or advertising technology (“ad tech”) companies to provide you with targeted advertising and marketing communications, where permitted under law (see below for more detail on Sharing with Our Business Partners).
- 4.1.4 If you use or have itineraries as part of our Trips Service, you can send or grant access to your itinerary through our Services to anyone you choose. See the Trips Services section above for more detail.
- 4.1.5 With social networking services to share (or facilitate your sharing of) your information with social networking services when you use our Services to connect and share your information publicly or with friends or when you use our Services to connect with us on, share on, or use third-party social networking platforms and services (see below for more detail on Sharing with Social Networking Services).
- 4.1.6 If you use a third-party service or application (e.g., Facebook) to log into your LXC account, we share certain personal information with that third party.
- 4.1.7 If you provide us with a review of your trip, you authorize us to publish it on all our Services under the screenname you provided and to share it with travel partners. You also authorize us to aggregate your review with other reviews.
- 4.1.8 If you publish travel recommendations as part of Guides or other mediums provided by us, you authorize us to publish it on all our Services.
- 4.1.9 Credit or debit card information is required to process certain transactions, including to make certain bookings and reservations or to purchase other products or services from travel partners or other third parties, in which case we share your payment information with travel partners, and other third-party service providers (such as fraud detection services).
- 4.1.10 With other service providers such as third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who perform services or functions on our behalf (see below for more detail on Sharing with Other Service Providers).
- 4.1.11 In the event of a corporate transaction we may disclose or transfer your information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- 4.1.12 To protect rights and property, we may disclose your information to third parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, our property, the integrity of the Services, personal safety, or the interests of you or any other person, and to detect, prevent and/or otherwise address fraud, risk management, security or technical issues.
- 4.1.13 To comply with and as required by law, we may disclose your personal information to government authorities or other relevant third parties in order to comply with applicable legal requirements, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or lawful requests from governmental authorities.
- 4.1.14 We share aggregate statistical data for the improvement of our Services. We may also share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties at our discretion.
- 4.1.15 At your request, we also share your information as directed or requested by you, or subject to your consent.
- 4.2 In some circumstances, you may have the right to opt-out or object to our sharing of your information with certain third parties. For more information, or to exercise these or other rights, see the Your Choices and Rights section below.
Sharing with Travel Partners
- 4.3 Our travel partners include online travel agencies, hotels, airlines, car rental companies, and travel insurance providers. When you make a request for a booking or reservation from one of our partners through our Services, we share your information with that travel partner to facilitate the booking or reservation and provide the services you requested. Depending on the request, this may include your name, contact information, passport information, frequent flyer details, itinerary details as described above, your preferences, any special requests or accommodations, information or comments that you choose to submit (if any), and other information as required by the particular travel partner. Your information is provided to the travel partner, just as it would be if you contacted the travel partner directly. If you provide a mobile phone number in connection with your request, travel partners may send you text messages regarding your request. Some travel partners also require you to provide credit or debit card account information to secure your reservation.
- 4.4 When you make a request, we also share with the travel partner additional information about you, such as information about your travel activity and history, and/or information that we collect from you and third parties. Travel partners use this information for their own purposes, which may include to improve their products or services and to provide you with targeted advertising and marketing communications, where permitted under law.
- 4.5 Information about you will be transferred to, or accessed by, entities located around the world as described in this Policy. Some of these entities may be located in countries that do not provide an equivalent level of protection for personal information as your home country.
- 4.6 We have put in place safeguards to provide adequate protection for transfers of certain information, in accordance with applicable legal requirements. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, or to request a copy of these safeguards, please contact us using the contact details listed in the How to Contact Us section below.
Sharing with Our Group Companies.
- 4.7.1 Provide you with integrated services (including to administer and manage reservations, bookings, services, and payments across our affiliated platforms).
- 4.7.2 Provide personalized offers or send you marketing communications with your consent or as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- 4.7.3 Enable “single sign-on”, i.e., allowing you to log into a shared account for multiple Booking Holdings Inc. brands using a single set of log-in credentials, which allows us to, for example, show your reservations and bookings made through the websites, applications, and services of our group companies on your account page, and allow our group companies to show information in your respective account(s) with them.
- 4.7.4 Provide customer support services.
- 4.7.5 Detect, prevent, and investigate fraud and misuse of our services, other illegal activities, and data breaches.
- 4.7.6 Analyze how users use our independent and affiliated platforms, including so that we may improve existing products and services and develop new features, products, and services that may be of interest to our users.
- 4.7.7 Ensure compliance with applicable law.
Sharing with Our Business Partners.
- 4.9 To learn more about your choices related to how we share your information with our business partners, please see the Your Choices and Rights section below.
Sharing with Social Networking Services.
- 4.10 Our Services allow you to connect and share your actions, comments, content, and information publicly or with friends.
- 4.11 Our Services may also allow you to connect with us on, share on, and use third-party platforms, including those on which we have a presence.
- 4.12 We cannot control the privacy or security of information you choose to make public or share with others.
- 4.13 We also do not control the privacy practices of third-party platforms. Please contact those sites and services directly to learn about their privacy practices.
5. Changes to this Policy
C) How we protect your information
6. International transfers of money
- 6.1 When you submit your payment information through our Services, that payment information is processed by Stripe Inc. Stripe use a secure booking server encryption to ensure the highest industry standard levels of security. Any information, including credit card details, that you enter and submit on this page will be encrypted and securely transmitted. When your transaction is complete your information is stored in an encrypted state. All information transmitted on the booking page is done using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). SSL uses a cryptographic system that uses two keys to encrypt data, which are a public key, and a private or secret key known only to the recipient of the message.
- 6.3 We will share booking information with travel partners, third-party payment processors, and other third-party service providers (including, but not limited to, vendors who provide fraud detection services to us and other third parties), to the extent necessary to meet our contractual obligations to you (e.g., to secure your reservation or make a payment to a travel partner where required), to meet our legitimate interests in preventing fraud and other misuses of our platforms or Services, or with your consent where this is required by law. In particular:
- 6.4 When your payment information is being transmitted to our Services or through our Services, it will be protected by cryptographic protocols. To be clear, we only store your payment information if you choose to save that information to your account. When you submit a booking or reservation, we transfer your payment information to the applicable travel partner to process the transaction. Our contracts with third parties that receive your payment information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
- 6.5 However, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your payment information or your other information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our third-party service providers. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your LXC account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will assume you have authorized the instructions. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed in the How to Contact Us section below.
7. Your choices and rights
- 7.1 If you no longer want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in such emails to opt-out of future marketing email communications. If you have an LXC account, you may also opt-out of marketing emails in your account settings. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving marketing communications from one or all of our Services, we will still send you service-related communications, such as confirmations of any future bookings you make.
- 7.2 You can use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications.
- 7.3 If you no longer want to receive text messages from us, reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) to the text message. If you have an LXC account, you may also adjust your account settings to opt-out of text messages.
- 7.4 To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our websites or Services, as well as other types of online tracking and online advertising, see our Cookies and Web Advertising Policy (section “E” below) for more details. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser.
- 7.5 If you use our Services, we automatically collect approximate location information about you (such as your city) or, with your consent, precise geographic location data from your mobile device when the app is running and when it is not running, depending on the choices you make when you are asked to consent to our collection of location information. The technologies we use to determine your location may include IP address mapping, cell tower position, Wi-Fi position and GPS signals. We may use and store this information to provide and improve features of our Services, for example, to tailor our Services on a needs-based manner to better facilitate your requests (such as helping you find the hotel closest to you) and to provide you with more relevant content in the cities you visit (such as sending you marketing communications relating to goods or services in your current city, including local accommodations and travel options). We do not have control over your device settings, but we do recommend enabling location services on your device so you can take advantage of the location-based features and functionality offered. Please see the Your Choices and Rights section below for more information about how to adjust your preferences, including those related to location information.
- 7.6 You can opt-out of such sharing by changing your account preferences. You may also send such opt-out requests to us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
- 7.7 If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, you can access your account to view and update your information. You may also contact us as described in the How to Contact Us section below.
8. Access to your information
- 8.1 When we use your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we take steps to ensure that your rights to your personal information are not infringed. You can contact us using the details set out in the How to Contact Us section below for more information about the steps we take to ensure these rights are not infringed. You also have the right to object to such processing as described in the Your Choices and Rights section below.
- 8.2 To the extent that a legal ground described above would not apply to processing of your personal information by us, we will seek your consent for such specific purpose in accordance with applicable law (such as sending direct marketing messages by electronic means, like email, without an exception from the requirement to obtain consent).
- 8.3 We aggregate personal information collected directly from you, information generated about you by us, and information obtained from third parties (with your consent, where required) with personal information collected about other users in order to produce general statistics that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user. Information that has been aggregated and de-identified is no longer considered “personal information” and may be subsequently used for any purpose.
- 8.4 We may process information that cannot be linked to you or any other specific user using any means available to us, either because it was collected anonymously or has been subsequently anonymized. Information that is anonymous or has been anonymized is no longer considered “personal information” and may be subsequently used for any purpose.
- 8.5 Where applicable under local law, you may have the following rights regarding your personal information: the right to access personal information we hold, and in some situations, the right to have that personal information corrected or updated, erased, restricted, or delivered to you or a third party in a usable electronic format (the right to data portability). Where applicable, you may also object to how we use your personal information if the legal basis for processing that information is our legitimate interest. Where we are using your personal information on the basis of your consent, and where applicable under local law, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Where you have granted consent to receive direct marketing communications from us, and where applicable under local law, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- 8.6 If you wish to exercise the legal rights you may have under applicable law, please submit your request by using our feedback form. So that we can better process your request, please provide the email you use to log into your LXC account. If you do not have an LXC account, please provide the email you used to make requests or to use our Services.
- 9.1 Our Services are not directed at or intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect information from, children under 16 years of age. If you become aware that your child or any child under your care has provided us with information without your consent, please contact us at using the contact details listed in the How to Contact Us section below.
- 10.1 Travel insurance is recommended for all bookings. We shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage or any claim resulting from personal injury or death arising as a result of a booking or service
- 10.2 When another company or persons are operating a service facilitated through us, where we are acting only as an agent; responsibility and liability for that operation lies with that operator
11. How to lodge a complaint
- 11.1 If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter.
- 11.2Where applicable (e.g. if we have not responded to you within a reasonable time), you may also have the right to register a complaint to your local data protection authority. For residents of the EU and UK, contact information for the EU data protection authorities can be found at here. For residents of Australia, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint after first contacting us, you may wish to contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
E) Cookies and Web Advertising
12. What is a cookie
13. What type of cookies do we use
- 13.1 We divide the cookies we use into three categories:
Type of cookie Description of how we use this type of cookie What choices do you have? Required To provide a secure log-in to our Sites. Required cookies are necessary for our Sites to operate. On some platforms, you can delete all cookies, but this may affect the basic functionality of the Sites. To keep you logged in so that you do not have to log in repeatedly to access different pages of the Sites. Functional To recognize you if you have visited previously, and remember your preferences from past visits, such as your language preference. Where required by law, functional cookies will only be used on the Sites where you have given your consent to their use. To track when you make purchases or bookings on websites operated by our group companies so that we can display your bookings with our group companies on your account page. You can opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by downloading the browser add-on. To improve our Sites and our offerings by helping us to understand how users use the Sites and to analyze trends which appear in that data. For example, we make changes to the user interface if we can see that certain pages are difficult for a large number of users to navigate. We also collect broad information about how our users use the Sites, for example, to understand which aspects of our Sites and our services are particularly popular, so that we can make improvements going forward. You can opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by downloading the browser add-on. To personalize your experience of our Sites, for example, by showing you offers on our homepage or in emails that are most relevant to you based on your previous visits to our Sites or those operated by our group companies or by ranking certain types of options (e.g., only non-stop flights) higher in your search results. You can opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by downloading the browser add-on. Advertising (e.g., Google DoubleClick, Google Ads, Oath, Bing Ads) To recognize you if you have used our services on another device. We combine information received from multiple devices to determine if you are using a new device so that we can continue to provide you with a personalized experience on our Sites. Where required by law, advertising cookies will be used only on the Sites where you have given your consent to their use. To enable you to post to social media sites and other platforms, for example, to allow you to access a particular social media page to post a comment or a “like.” See the section entitled “Your Cookie Choices” below to learn more about how to withdraw your consent to advertising cookies. To collect information for use in advertising on our own Sites and on third party sites which you may visit. Such information is based on your preferences and your usage of our Sites. We have included more information about our use of advertising cookies below. You can opt-out of our use of Google Analytics by downloading the browser add-on.
14. Our Advertising Cookies
- 14.1 We work with third parties that place cookies on our Sites to provide their services, including:
- 14.1.1 Ad Targeting to serve ads while you are visiting our Sites and to permit these companies to place and access their own cookies on your computer while serving advertisements on our Sites. These companies may use information obtained through their cookies (which does not include your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visits to our Sites and other websites, in combination with information about your purchases and interests from other online sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- 14.1.3 We make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our Sites after they have been shown an online advertisement, which may include advertisements on third-party websites. In particular, our Sites use Google Analytics 360 Suite, including Google Analytics Advertising, which are web analytics and analytics advertising services provided by Google, Inc., which use third party cookies. Where required, our Sites have activated the IP address anonymization functionality so that the IP address of the user is shortened by Google. Our Sites also use the following Google Analytics Advertising features: Google Remarketing, Google Segments, Google Ads Manager and Google Ads. These features use third-party cookies to collect information about our website traffic by tracking users across websites and across time and generating reports for us to better understand our website users and to create audiences for our advertisements based on such understanding.
- 14.1.4 In addition, we may share website usage information about visitors to our Sites with third-party advertising companies for the purpose of managing and targeting advertisements and for market research analysis on our Sites and other sites. For these purposes, we and our third-party advertising companies may place pixel tags (also called clear gifs) on some of the pages you visit on our Sites. We will then use the information that is collected using these pixel tags to serve you relevant advertisements when you are visiting other sites on the Internet. These advertisements may be based on your interests, for example, on the basis of specific searches, you conducted on our Sites during earlier browsing sessions.
- 14.2 Our partners, who provide certain features on our Sites or display advertising based on your browsing activity, also use Local Storage such as HTML5, to collect and store content information and preferences. Please note that different web browsers offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
- 14.3 We and/or third parties that we have engaged may collect and store a unique identifier matched to your mobile device, in order to deliver customized ads or content while you use applications or surf the internet, or to identify you in a unique manner across other devices or browsers. In order to customize these ads or content, we or a third party may collect de-identified usage data or other data about you which you have either voluntarily submitted to us, for example, your email address, or has been passively collected from you, such as your device identifier or IP address, where permitted. However, if we share your email address, we share it solely in hashed, non-human-readable form.
- 14.5 When you first visit our Sites, where required by law, you will have the option to give your consent to the advertising and functional cookies we use, or to refuse your consent to our use of those cookies by clicking on the [X] within that disclosure.
- 14.6 Most browsers accept cookies by default. You may be able to change the settings to have your browser refuse certain cookies or notify you before accepting cookies. To do so, please follow the instructions provided by your browser which are usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” facility. Some third parties also provide the ability to refuse their cookies directly by clicking on an opt-out link, and we have tried to indicate where this is possible in the table above.
- 14.7 You can also find more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, at www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
- 14.8 If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile applications, please refer to your device’s operating system settings and follow instructions below.
- 14.9 iOS users: To use the “Limit Ad-Tracking” option, follow the instructions provided by Apple
- 14.10 Android Users: To use the “opt-out of interest-based advertising” option, follow the instructions provided by Google
- 14.11 You may also consider downloading the DAA AppChoices Mobile App to manage online behavioural advertising technology.
- 14.12 If you no longer wish to receive interest-based advertising on your mobile device browser, you can follow the steps in relation to Browsers outlined above.
- 14.13 Do-Not-Track Signals. We currently do not employ technology that recognizes “do-not-track” signals from your browser.
- 14.14 Please keep in mind that, without cookies, you may not have access to certain features on our Sites, including access to your profile/account and certain personalized content. Removing all cookies from your computer could also affect your subsequent visits to certain websites, including our Sites, by requiring that, for example, you enter your login name when you return to that website. Please note that even if you exercise any of the choices described above, you will still see ads, but they will not be based upon the information collected through these tracking technologies, and therefore not necessarily relevant to your interests.
F) HOW TO CONTACT US
15. If you have any questions about this Policy or the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact us using our feedback form or by postal mail at:
Local X Connect Pty Ltd
PO Box 3326,
Liverpool Westfield NSW